- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The fritto misto is fairly generous, lumping together jumbo shrimp (biggest and least breaded of the bunch), chewy baby octopi and buttons of calamari (tiny but abundant). The accompanying fra diavolo has a terrific edge to it, the chunky tomato sauce delivering loads of garlic, onion and red pepper.
Seafood ravioli was a snoozer, the featured proteins effectively washed out by overly aggressive marinara.
Chicken parm hit all the right notes; the comforting standard summoned juicy chicken cutlets stuffed with spinach and draped with stretchy mozzarella. The surrounding pool of herb-laced tomato sauce injects acid into every meaty bite.
Vendetta: 1212 H St. NE; 202-399-3201; vendettadc.com. Average entree: $13 to $20 ($$). Open for dinner and late-night dining daily.