- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Shortridge said he will not run for a full term in April, and there’s only one announced candidate to succeed him: recently defeated state Rep. Keith Downey. No matter who his successor is, the secret to his party’s success depends on which races it decides to target this year.
“They don’t need us to do everything,” said Shortridge. “But doing a few things well? I think that’s a recipe for success.”
An earlier version of this report misquoted Pat Shortridge about which state legislative elections are happening in 2014.