- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
Shortridge said he will not run for a full term in April, and there’s only one announced candidate to succeed him: recently defeated state Rep. Keith Downey. No matter who his successor is, the secret to his party’s success depends on which races it decides to target this year.
“They don’t need us to do everything,” said Shortridge. “But doing a few things well? I think that’s a recipe for success.”
An earlier version of this report misquoted Pat Shortridge about which state legislative elections are happening in 2014.