- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
As tensions rise in the Middle East, global gasoline supply tightens and prices increase. The Iran-Iraq War, the Gulf War and the Libyan uprising are just a few examples when gas prices soared. Biofuels are a powerful solution to significantly reduce this price volatility.
Biofuels are also a powerful tool in the fight against climate change. To date, the RFS represents the nationís only congressionally authorized greenhouse gas reduction program. We know using more renewable fuel will reduce our carbon emissions, support Obamaís Climate Action Plan and provide domestic energy security.
The renewable fuel industry continues to deliver a new fuel option thatís in the strategic best interest of our country and climate. Together we can create more jobs, a cleaner environment and better lives. We have a good plan ó all we need to do is stick to it.
Adam Monroe is president of Americas for Novozymes.