- Why Was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
No such trouble with the braised short ribs. The generous slab of slow-cooked beef was always meltingly tender and always displayed a twinge of underlying sweetness. (It’s spiked with cinnamon.)Building Bridges
Antonio Matarazzo, Lahlou’s partner, is most excited about their latest endeavor: Lupo Verde.
He said the forthcoming restaurant — scheduled to open in early June at 1401 T St. NW — would pay homage to rustic Italian small plates (“piattini”) and also introduce Washingtonians to hybrid Neapolitan-Roman wood-fired pizza. “Our goal is to provide a kind of experience . . . you can’t find in D.C.,” Matarazzo said, listing house-made mozzarella and Campari-based beverages as house specialties.
Tunnicliff’s Tavern: 222 Seventh St. SE; 202-544-5680; tunnicliffs.com
Open for lunch Monday through Friday and for dinner and late-night dining daily, in addition to brunch on Saturday and Sunday.