- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers has won the contest to become the next chairwoman of the House Republican Conference.
The Washington lawmaker headed off a challenge from Rep. Tom Price of Georgia, chairman of the Republican Policy Committee.
McMorris Rodgers was tacitly endorsed by Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, though he was publicly silent on the matter. Price, on the other hand, touted the endorsement of losing GOP vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin.