- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers has won the contest to become the next chairwoman of the House Republican Conference.
The Washington lawmaker headed off a challenge from Rep. Tom Price of Georgia, chairman of the Republican Policy Committee.
McMorris Rodgers was tacitly endorsed by Speaker John A. Boehner, R-Ohio, though he was publicly silent on the matter. Price, on the other hand, touted the endorsement of losing GOP vice presidential candidate Rep. Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin.