- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Plains Region
- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
“After the hearing, we have to roll up our sleeves in the committee and go to work. We’ve got to take a starting bill and go through the amendment process. How many times have we heard on the floor ‘Well, this hasn’t even had a hearing!’” Durbin said. “We’ll have our hearing, and that’s the beginning of the process.”
“She’s talked to me about her assault weapons ban — the new one — she believes in it fervently and I admire her for that,” Reid said when asked specifically if he would vote for Feinstein’s bid to revive the expired assault weapons prohibition. “I’ll take a look at that.”
“We’re going to have votes on all kinds of issues dealing with guns, and I think everyone would be well-advised to read the legislation before they determine how they’re going to vote for it,” he added.