- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Acknowledging his difficulties over the last year, Boehner argued the dissension within his own Conference is simply a by-product of his efforts to “look to the people, not politicians.”
“This is not a majority full of Members willing to trade their votes away for the promise of a pork-barrel project … I make no apologies for this. Yes, things are harder. But I wouldn’t have it any other way,” he said.
Boehner also hammered the administration’s contraception rule, vowing to block it legislatively.
“What’s ultimately at stake is a First Amendment right and fundamental American value that has stood for two centuries,” Boehner said, adding that “one thing is for certain: This attack on religious freedom cannot — and will not — stand.”