- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“State legislators and Congress, they get a lot more into ideological battles,” he said, adding that cuts to federal programs such as the block grants simply shift the burden onto cash-strapped cities.
Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake (D) said she is disappointed with leaders of her party as well as the opposition.
“We are one bridge fail away from shutting down large portions of a city,” she said. “There’s a way for Congress to work with us to break gridlock.”