- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
“There are no grandchildren yet, though, and I’m somewhat bitter about that,” she joked, noting that a lot of her friends like to show off pictures of their grandchildren.
In her spare time, Rivers likes to scour garage sales and go antiquing. She juggles several books at a time, and as Michigan settles into autumn, she plans on doing some baking.
Now as she thinks back to her loss to Dingell, she’s somewhat thankful.
“It was a tough, tough loss; took me a while to come back from it. But I think I’m really comfortable now and [there] is a life after Congress. There are other things out there that are satisfying and fulfilling.”