- Quiz: Who Wore This Campaign Fashion Better?
- Trying to Make Sense of the Post-New Hampshire Republican Race
- Redistricting Case Could Delay North Carolina's Primary
- What We Learned From New Hampshire
- Trump, Sanders Win Huge in New Hampshire
Can we say with certainty that without broader regulation we can continue to protect the public’s health and safety? Local health departments aren’t taking that chance, and neither should the FDA.
We need more Congressional support on both sides of the aisle to urge the FDA to move swiftly and broadly to finalize its ruling and expand its regulations. The road map already exists. It shouldn’t take another 50 years for us to do what we already know is right.
Terry Allan is president of the National Association of County and City Health Officials.