- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
- Party's History of Establishment Picks Could Be Over
Can we say with certainty that without broader regulation we can continue to protect the public’s health and safety? Local health departments aren’t taking that chance, and neither should the FDA.
We need more Congressional support on both sides of the aisle to urge the FDA to move swiftly and broadly to finalize its ruling and expand its regulations. The road map already exists. It shouldn’t take another 50 years for us to do what we already know is right.
Terry Allan is president of the National Association of County and City Health Officials.