- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Librarian of Congress James Billington has a new deputy.
The 25-year head of the agency announced today that current Chief of Staff Robert Dizard Jr. would serve as second-in-command, effective Sunday.
“Mr. Dizard has shown over the past two years as chief of staff that he has the broad knowledge of the Library and the skill needed to bring Library managers and staff together to collaboratively meet mission-critical needs,” Billington said in a statement announcing the promotion.
As deputy, Dizard will be responsible for day-to-day management of the Library’s operations and programs.
A 22-year veteran of the LOC, Dizard was deputy associate librarian for library services from 2004 to 2009. From 2000 to 2004, he was staff director and chief operating officer of the Copyright Office.
Earlier in his career, he was chief of staff to then-Rep. Guy Molinari (R-N.Y.).