- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
Librarian of Congress James Billington has a new deputy.
The 25-year head of the agency announced today that current Chief of Staff Robert Dizard Jr. would serve as second-in-command, effective Sunday.
“Mr. Dizard has shown over the past two years as chief of staff that he has the broad knowledge of the Library and the skill needed to bring Library managers and staff together to collaboratively meet mission-critical needs,” Billington said in a statement announcing the promotion.
As deputy, Dizard will be responsible for day-to-day management of the Library’s operations and programs.
A 22-year veteran of the LOC, Dizard was deputy associate librarian for library services from 2004 to 2009. From 2000 to 2004, he was staff director and chief operating officer of the Copyright Office.
Earlier in his career, he was chief of staff to then-Rep. Guy Molinari (R-N.Y.).