- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Reportedly, that proposal may include restrictions on Iran that would lead to an economic embargo against the country, with exceptions for food, medicine and other humanitarian provisions. The White House would likely oppose that effort, setting up a tough test on the Senate floor.
Lieberman and a separate group of senators are working on sense of the Senate language regarding what he called “the parameters of a possible negotiated agreement with Iran” given that the Obama administration appears to be entertaining a renewed effort at negotiating with the country’s government.
“We think we have an opportunity, responsibility, before the end of this year to talk about what the limits of that are,” Lieberman said.
Emily Cadei contributed to this report.