- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
“We are going to make sure that nothing like this ever happens again,” Lew told the Banking panel.
Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., said at that hearing that he holds the highest levels of the Obama administration responsible, including the president, for creating what he called a culture in which conservative groups were vilified.
“The indignation you showed on the front end is kind of laughable,” he told Lew. With top members of the administration “using the type of language to describe the folks that were targeted, demonizing, villainizing ... you would expect that bureaucrats at lower levels are going to act in a way that they acted.”