- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
When it comes to the Defense Subcommittee, Harkin is second to Leahy in seniority on the subcommittee, but a Harkin spokeswoman said Wednesday that he intends to continue as chairman of the Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services and Education.
Durbin ranks next on the seniority list. His office declined to comment on whether he would take the post.
Dianne Feinstein of California follows Durbin.
Meredith Shiner contributed to this report.