- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Beyond its effect on middle-income earners, a wide range of tax policy experts note several potentially unattractive consequences of a deduction cap. Many taxpayers could claim deductions for state and local tax and mortgage interest payments, which would shrink incentives for charitable deductions.
Sam Goldfarb contributed to this report.
An earlier version of this article misstated whom President Barack Obama said he wouldn't raise taxes on. Obama has said he won't raise taxes on those making less than $250,000.