- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
The decisions on how to implement the spending cuts will be handled differently for fiscal 2014, however. Instead of making across-the-board cuts, as happened in fiscal 2013, lawmakers are supposed to make these decisions through the appropriations process for fiscal 2014.
Steve Bell, the senior director of Economic Policy at the nonprofit Bipartisan Policy Center and a former Republican staff director for the Senate Budget Committee, said many newer members may be surprised by the response in their districts to the sequester.
“They really haven’t had an uproar from their constituents yet,” Bell said.