- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Updated: 12:56 p.m.
Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) predicted Sunday that the debt ceiling would be raised with backing from the GOP.
“Republican leaders have made it clear that if all else fails ... we will not be the ones that put the country into default,” Kyl, who participated in last week’s White House debt ceiling negotiations, said on ABC’s “This Week.” “At the end of the day, I don’t think there will be a default.”
“I don’t think Republican leaders will allow the country to go into default,” he said.
Kyl also expressed frustration that President Barack Obama has not laid out his proposals for a large deficit reduction package in detail.