- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Updated: 12:56 p.m.
Senate Minority Whip Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.) predicted Sunday that the debt ceiling would be raised with backing from the GOP.
“Republican leaders have made it clear that if all else fails ... we will not be the ones that put the country into default,” Kyl, who participated in last week’s White House debt ceiling negotiations, said on ABC’s “This Week.” “At the end of the day, I don’t think there will be a default.”
“I don’t think Republican leaders will allow the country to go into default,” he said.
Kyl also expressed frustration that President Barack Obama has not laid out his proposals for a large deficit reduction package in detail.