- Ratings Change: Kirk's Race Now Tilts to Democrats
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Best of Rob Bishop
- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
As the budget debate in Congress heats up, our lawmakers must remember that short-term fixes can get very expensive over the long run. Now is certainly the time to seriously look at every penny this nation spends. But Congress also needs to preserve the public programs that are helping to rein in costs and improve lives. Part D is just such a program.
Joan Koerber-Walker is an investor in American technology companies, an entrepreneur, a former Fortune 500 executive. She currently serves as President and CEO of the Arizona Bioindustry Association.