- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
- A Democrat Begins Senate Campaign in Louisiana
As the budget debate in Congress heats up, our lawmakers must remember that short-term fixes can get very expensive over the long run. Now is certainly the time to seriously look at every penny this nation spends. But Congress also needs to preserve the public programs that are helping to rein in costs and improve lives. Part D is just such a program.
Joan Koerber-Walker is an investor in American technology companies, an entrepreneur, a former Fortune 500 executive. She currently serves as President and CEO of the Arizona Bioindustry Association.