- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
“The polling shows the immense reservoir of good will she has in the state,” said a Democratic source supportive of a potential Judd run. “This isn’t a carpetbagger. This is someone who [Kentuckians] believe that they know and they like.”
Still, many Kentucky Republicans would celebrate a Judd run and are watching for signs of a decision.
Bluegrass State Democratic legislators are watching too — with caution.
“Ashley Judd is very bright young lady. Lots of talent,” said Democratic state Sen. Dennis Parrett, who represents a conservative district. He paused for a long time. “But I’m not sure that she needs to run for U.S. senator.”