- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“He knows the issues, but more importantly, he understands how the process works and has a direct line of communication with the players that make things happen here on the Hill,” said Mike Ference, a senior aide to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.). “I think it’s good that the industry chose a CEO that reflects the industry. ... He’s got the right mix of policy expertise, political savvy and the relationships to back it up.”
And one downtown lobbyist said that because of the companies behind the effort, the Internet Association will have immediate political and policy clout. “The perception is that some of these companies can move mountains from a grass-roots standpoint and that fear, that respect is a very powerful thing,” this lobbyist noted.Please send tips to firstname.lastname@example.org.Janie Lorber contributed to this report.