- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
New Mexico Lt. Gov. John Sanchez (R) is expected to formally announce his Senate bid Tuesday, sources close to Sanchez confirmed to Roll Call.
Sanchez, who lost a bid for governor in 2002, had been expected to run for the open seat. The Hotline first reported the news.
Sanchez will face former Rep. Heather Wilson and at least two others in the Republican primary. Wilson, who lost the 2008 Senate primary, reported having more than $280,000 in the bank at the end of the first quarter.
Democrats also have a high-profile primary race between Rep. Martin Heinrich and state Auditor Hector Balderas.