- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
New Mexico Lt. Gov. John Sanchez (R) is expected to formally announce his Senate bid Tuesday, sources close to Sanchez confirmed to Roll Call.
Sanchez, who lost a bid for governor in 2002, had been expected to run for the open seat. The Hotline first reported the news.
Sanchez will face former Rep. Heather Wilson and at least two others in the Republican primary. Wilson, who lost the 2008 Senate primary, reported having more than $280,000 in the bank at the end of the first quarter.
Democrats also have a high-profile primary race between Rep. Martin Heinrich and state Auditor Hector Balderas.