- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
One issue he brought up might be fodder for the primary campaign: his seniority.
“The people in this district have been very, very good to me,” Lewis said, adding that he had tried to be good to his constituents over the years.
He said that someone with less seniority might not be as helpful to the district. “I know my way around,” he said.
Lewis represents Georgia’s 5th Congressional district, which includes metropolitan Atlanta. The state’s Congressional lines will be redrawn by a Republican-controlled Legislature in August, when Gov. Nathan Deal (R) is expected to call a special session.
Lewis sounded confident: “I don’t have any doubt, any reservation, that I will prevail in the end,” he said.