- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
One issue he brought up might be fodder for the primary campaign: his seniority.
“The people in this district have been very, very good to me,” Lewis said, adding that he had tried to be good to his constituents over the years.
He said that someone with less seniority might not be as helpful to the district. “I know my way around,” he said.
Lewis represents Georgia’s 5th Congressional district, which includes metropolitan Atlanta. The state’s Congressional lines will be redrawn by a Republican-controlled Legislature in August, when Gov. Nathan Deal (R) is expected to call a special session.
Lewis sounded confident: “I don’t have any doubt, any reservation, that I will prevail in the end,” he said.