- Republicans Aiming to Register Voters at NASCAR
- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
Obama has stepped up his attacks on Romney's "47 percent" remarks in the surreptitiously taped video at a May fundraiser released last week by Mother Jones magazine. He is mentioning it in several television ads and making it a feature in his stump speeches.
The Romney campaign responded to a request for a response to Webb's comments by attacking Obama's record on the economy. "President Obama's policies have resulted in rising unemployment, falling incomes and looming defense cuts that will devastate our military," spokesman Ryan Williams said. "Mitt Romney's plan for a stronger middle class will create more jobs and more take-home pay, helping all Americans by spurring economic growth, creating 12 million jobs, and getting the economy on the right track again."