- Democrats Look Past Tuesday's New York Special Election
- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
Obama has stepped up his attacks on Romney's "47 percent" remarks in the surreptitiously taped video at a May fundraiser released last week by Mother Jones magazine. He is mentioning it in several television ads and making it a feature in his stump speeches.
The Romney campaign responded to a request for a response to Webb's comments by attacking Obama's record on the economy. "President Obama's policies have resulted in rising unemployment, falling incomes and looming defense cuts that will devastate our military," spokesman Ryan Williams said. "Mitt Romney's plan for a stronger middle class will create more jobs and more take-home pay, helping all Americans by spurring economic growth, creating 12 million jobs, and getting the economy on the right track again."