- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
President Barack Obama carried it in 2008 by 30 points, but the state’s first independent redistricting process is expected to make it more viable for Republicans, as it was in the 1990s.
Hahn lost her first bid for the seat in 1998, when Harman vacated it to run for governor. Hahn went on to represent south Los Angeles on the City Council. She lost her second bid for higher office in the 2008 Democratic primary for lieutenant governor.
Hahn’s win in the House race builds on her family’s political success. Her father, Kenneth Hahn, served on the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors for 40 years, and her brother, James Hahn, is the only person to serve as Los Angeles mayor, city controller and city attorney. The victory follows the death of her mother on Monday.