- Kathleen Matthews Joins Race for Van Hollen's Seat
- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
“When a chairman of either party listens to the District of Columbia the way Chairman Issa listened ... [and] comes forward with a plan ... it seemed to us that we owed the chairman of this committee our due diligence to look at this proposal, and I am glad we did,” Norton said.
Neither Norton nor Cummings commented on Issa’s plan to allow riders to be discussed at length in advance of the legislation’s formal consideration.