- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, disclosed today that he was subpoenaed for testimony in the trial of former Major League Baseball pitcher Roger Clemens.
Clemens is on trial for allegedly lying to Congress about using steroids.
Issa spokesman Frederick Hill said, “Chairman Issa and the Oversight Committee are consulting with the House general counsel’s office about the appropriate response to meet obligations in this matter.”
Issa was also subpoenaed for testimony at a previous trial for Clemens, which ended in a mistrial. Hill said the subpoena was quashed in that instance.