- The Donald Trump Impact: Not so Inevitable After All
- Heck Decision Prompts Rating Changes in 2 Nevada Races
- Joe Heck to Run for Nevada Senate (Video)
- GOP Women's Recruitment Effort Adapts for 2016
- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
Further, he argued that because the Ohio-class replacement program is a strategic asset, like sealift and ballistic missile defenses, it should be removed from the shipbuilding budget and funded through the Pentagon separately.
But Adams said the Navy will have a tougher time selling its plans to appropriators and other lawmakers.
“How many [ballistic missile submarines] do you need in a post-nuclear era with incredible superiority?” Adams said. “It’s almost not worth discussing the merits because this is budgetary hand-to-hand combat. Everybody is pitching the best they can to win the Pentagon budget wars. The rubber hits the road right now.”