- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Those proposed tax cuts, like the bulk of the presidentís jobs agenda, never received a vote on the House floor and were blocked in the Senate by a Republican filibuster of an accompanying millionairesí tax to pay for it.
Other small business tax benefits proposed or signed by the president have been more limited. The tax credit for health care plans bought by small businesses, for example, only goes to companies with fewer than 25 employees where the average salary is less than $50,000.
Defining a small business can be tricky; the Small Business Administrationís Office of Advocacy defines a small business as an independent business with 500 or fewer employees ó exactly as Cantor did. But the SBA has a more restrictive definition for the purposes of determining eligibility for government aid, with limits varying by industry and some based on the number of employees and others by total revenue.