- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
As a result, there will be greater efforts to link intelligence with military posture and planning, he said. But Panetta also said the military should not and cannot be an emergency response force anywhere in the world, saying action depends on actionable intelligence.
Most important, Panetta said that while the Pentagon’s response was not tardy, there is a concern about ensuring the military has the resources to respond to such contingencies. Panetta then emphasized, as he has for two years, the need to avert across-the-board cuts, mandated in the deficit control law (PL 112-25) that he argues would undermine national security.