- Why was Fiorina Denied Ad Time During the Debate?
- What the Hell Happened to Jeb Bush?
- Pelosi, DCCC Use Tea Party to Fire Up Dem Voters
- Anti-Abortion Groups to GOP: Include Fiorina in Debate
- Obamacare Repeal Votes Motivate Democratic Donors
“But again, with every one of these nominees, with all of them, whether it’s Banking or Foreign Relations, especially if it’s controversial, I always sit down and talk with them and certainly have not made any decision about what I would do if she was nominated,” he said.
Rice is one of Obama’s earliest and most loyal foreign policy advisers. Her appearance on several Sunday morning news programs in the days after the Benghazi attack, however, have drawn intense Republican scrutiny for months, with critics saying it appears she was covering up for the Obama administration by saying that the attack appeared to have been a spontaneous response to an anti-Muslim video.
Intelligence officials now say that the assault was a coordinated effort by a fundamentalist Islamic militia, but they also have maintained that Rice was only repeating the unclassified talking points they provided officials at the time.