- Illinois Democrat Abruptly Drops Congressional Bid
- Jeff Miller Won't Run for Florida Senate Seat
- A Brief Electoral History of Recently Indicted Congressmen
- Becerra Won't Run for Senate
- Democrat to Detractors: I'm Doing Better Than Your Guy
Though the inauguration is supposed to take place on Jan. 20, this year that date falls on a Sunday, so the ceremony will occur on Monday, Jan. 21. It will be only the seventh time in history that the mandated inauguration date has fallen on a Sunday and the second time the event will coincide with Martin Luther King Jr. Day.