- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The South
- When the Second Time Isnt the Charm
- State Senator Considering Run for Arizona Open House Seat
- Voting-Rights Advocates Get Win at Supreme Court
She urged lawmakers to quickly introduce a bill.
Republicans, including Rubio, said they would not support the White House proposal because it did not include requirements to strengthen border security or a guest worker program, a Rubio aide said in a statement Tuesday.
The aide also said the Florida Republican had not been in contact with the White House and that the proposal did not reflect the agreement reached by the “gang of eight.”
The New Alliance for Citizenship includes the AFL-CIO as well as the Southern Poverty Law Center, Church World Service and the Center for American Progress.