- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
ABC released excerpts from portions of the interview that did not air. According to those excerpts, Huntsman praised Speaker John Boehner’s (R-Ohio) handling of the debt ceiling negotiations that resulted in the Budget Control Act.
“I stood alone in terms of supporting the Boehner plan. Why? Because I don’t think you can just allow the greatest nation that ever was, 25 percent of the world’s [gross domestic product], to default,” Huntsman said, according to an ABC news release. “Instead, we had Speaker Boehner, I think a pretty courageous guy, step up and say we can cut deeper than we have to take it up in order to meet our obligations. ... I give the Speaker high marks for his leadership.”comments powered by Disqus