- Cruz's Struggle: This Man Loves to Argue
- DSCC Topped $5 Million in March
- NRSC Raised $4.9 Million in March
- NRCC Outraises DCCC in March, Is Now Debt-Free
- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
ABC released excerpts from portions of the interview that did not air. According to those excerpts, Huntsman praised Speaker John Boehner’s (R-Ohio) handling of the debt ceiling negotiations that resulted in the Budget Control Act.
“I stood alone in terms of supporting the Boehner plan. Why? Because I don’t think you can just allow the greatest nation that ever was, 25 percent of the world’s [gross domestic product], to default,” Huntsman said, according to an ABC news release. “Instead, we had Speaker Boehner, I think a pretty courageous guy, step up and say we can cut deeper than we have to take it up in order to meet our obligations. ... I give the Speaker high marks for his leadership.”