- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
- Party's History of Establishment Picks Could Be Over
Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) continued her efforts to urge the House to take up the Senate bill today and reiterated her opposition to an extension because it would result in the loss of jobs.
“These extensions mean job losses now,” Boxer said, and the delay in funds needed to maintain the safety of the nation’s infrastructure.
“They are playing with fire over there,” Boxer said.
She said she hopes to try to attach the Senate bill to the extension, but her efforts are not expected to hold up passage of the House stopgap and cause a shutdown of transportation programs.