- Republican Wins Money Race in New York Special
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 20, 2015
- Pelosi Reacts to Death of Al Qaida Hostages
- Pelosi Calls Emerging Trade Deal a 'Pothole'
- Freshman's Campaign Issue Gets D.C. Attention
Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) continued her efforts to urge the House to take up the Senate bill today and reiterated her opposition to an extension because it would result in the loss of jobs.
“These extensions mean job losses now,” Boxer said, and the delay in funds needed to maintain the safety of the nation’s infrastructure.
“They are playing with fire over there,” Boxer said.
She said she hopes to try to attach the Senate bill to the extension, but her efforts are not expected to hold up passage of the House stopgap and cause a shutdown of transportation programs.