- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas will also offer two amendments pertaining to upcoming votes Congress will have to take.
One amendment would ban leadership from bringing to the floor any continuing resolution or bill that raises the debt ceiling unless three-fifths of the conference approves the vote by secret ballot.
His second amendment would create a new Public Assistance Appropriations Subcommittee, which would “appropriate funds, rescind appropriated funds, or transfer unexpended balances with respect to any manner of public assistance or welfare, whether by direct payment or indirect benefit, that is conferred to any person in the United States.”
“You do what you think will be helpful to the country,” Gohmert said. “If it is making people upset but you’re trying to help the country, then you’re still doing the right thing.”