- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
There has been some speculation that the lag time between introduction and floor consideration was because of the GOP leadership’s interest in trying to hammer out its own memorial to Zimmerman. But those plans appear to have been abandoned in favor of fast-tracking the Wasserman Schultz resolution.
“I think it is fitting and appropriate to honor Gabe Zimmerman with a permanent memorial in the United States Capitol,” Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said Wednesday. “Let us honor Gabe’s memory in this institution.”