- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
Democratic Rep. John Lewis of Georgia, ranking member of the subcommittee, called the bill a “dangerous signal to the markets.”
“I am troubled that we are here today discussing this issue. This hearing implies that it would be appropriate to default on our debt and that a default can be managed. This simply is not true,” Lewis said, according to his prepared remarks.
The administration repeatedly has dismissed the idea of prioritization given the lumpy nature of the budget.