- Let Voters Judge Early Ads
- Kelly Wins Runoff for Mississippi House Seat
- DNC's Mo Elleithee Leaving Politics for Georgetown
- Rematches Invite 'Retread' Label, Familiar Themes
- Party's History of Establishment Picks Could Be Over
The House launched a preview of the chamber’s new website Thursday and is soliciting feedback from the public ahead of its May launch.
“To increase transparency, efficiency, and citizen engagement, it is imperative that the House use technology to improve internal operations,” Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) said in a statement. “After working together with the Office of the Chief Administrative Officer, their technology support team, and the Committee on House Administration, we believe this redesign of House.gov will help Members better connect with the people they serve.”
Last month, Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) tapped Chaffetz to head the House Technology Operations Team, which will oversee the website redesign and explore other ways to expand the use of technology on the Hill.