- Reid Urges McConnell to File Cloture on Iran Bill
- Darin LaHood Raises $500K in Race to Replace Aaron Schock
- How Much Trouble Is Richard Burr in?
- DSCC Endorses Murphy in Florida
- Ad Man Scott Howell Back At It After Cardiac Arrest
“Karen has one-third of the district as her base; she is incredibly popular within her Senate district among the folks who know her,” Spilka campaign manager Eric Hyers said. “And it’s going to be a low-turnout affair; the candidate who mobilizes their base is going to win. So we have the clearest shot.”
Koutoujian’s camp has also been focused on its ground operation, according to his campaign manager, Chris Joyce. They have not ruled out purchasing television ad time, but Joyce cited 500 volunteers as an encouraging sign for Koutoujian’s odds.
“I think that the TV airwaves are going to be drowned out in a way, when you are a voter trying to see through the ads of a crowded mayor’s race,” Joyce said. “But a message that really gets through is when you have a neighbor on your doorstep who says, ‘I’m voting for Peter Koutoujian, here’s why you should, too.’”