- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
“Our country has upheld this issue since our founding, and I think the House is going to work, again, through the regular order with real deliberations about how we protect the religious freedom of the American people,” the Ohio Republican said. “That’s the issue, and we’re keenly focused on it.”
The Speaker made a rare floor speech Wednesday saying essentially the same thing. Many observers pointed to Boehner’s Catholic background in making the argument. Pelosi is also Catholic.
Jonathan Strong contributed to this report.