- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The Senate GOPís reluctance to embrace the deal gave Maryland lawmakers an outsized influence, and Pelosi lauded them for trying to roll back the pension measure. She said she does not support asking federal workers to pay more to offset the deficit. Still, Pelosi said she didnít think the pay-for issue would be enough to prevent Democrats from voting for the potential agreement.
ďAs we go through these last hours, I hope that we can prevail and say instead of harming one set of workers in order to help another set of workers, why canít we just use our war savings to help cover that?... But I donít see a scenario where our Members will vote against it,Ē she said.