- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
With the House floor clear of members, workers from the Architect of the Capitol are at work high above the chamber.
Workers are constructing ďan extensive scaffolding system necessary for cleaning, painting and restoration work on the ceiling,Ē House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving said in a notice issued shortly before the August recess.
The House floor and gallery will be closed to members, staff and visitors through Sept. 6 for the renovations. Access to the Speakerís Lobby is also restricted.
The chief administrative officer is taking advantage of the chamberís closure to perform electrical and mechanical work. Fliers from the AOC posted on the galleryís doors alert passersby to additional work on the Speakerís rostrum.
Tours of the House floor and public access to the galleries should return to normal hours of operation no later than Sept. 9, when the House returns to session.