- Retired Army Colonel to Challenge Stefanik
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Southwest
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: Mid-Atlantic States
- Top Congressional Races in 2016: The West
- Murphy to Announce He'll Seek Rematch With Blum (Updated)
Gainer said that, as of Feb. 28, 80 members of his team expressed interest in taking advantage of the buyouts, which Gainer said would prevent the need to furlough employees for one day per month per employee. Those employees can decide to change their mind and stay with the agency any time before April 30, Gainer said.
“Some people have put in requests; some people have withdrawn them already,” Gainer told CQ Roll Call last week. “But in theory, if all the people who have indicated that they would take retirement take retirement, we’ll be in a very good position to meet the salary reduction that is laid upon us without furloughs.”