- Carol Shea-Porter 'Ready to Win' N.H. Seat Back
- Lindsey Graham Rolls Eyes at Rand Paul
- Why Titus Won't Run for Reid's Senate Seat
- 14 Open House Seats, Few Takeover Opportunities
- Veteran Democratic Consultants Launch New Media Firm
Even if the final defense authorization bill includes only the House Armed Services Committee’s language, defense policy experts both on and off Capitol Hill see it as significant progress for a department that has failed to sell a reticent Congress on base closures.
Frank Oliveri contributed to this report.