- Edwards Releases Senate Fundraising Totals
- Academics Say Higher Education Prepared Them for Higher Office
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: The Mountain Region
- Top Races to Watch in 2016: New England
- Top Races in 2016: The Midwest
The House will also consider the conservative Republican Study Committee budget and a Van Hollen-sponsored Democratic alternative to the Ryan budget and will vote on the Congressional Progressive Caucus budget.
The CPC document was debated tonight, a move the group’s leaders decried as “cheap political posturing and an attempt to sweep the competition under the rug.”
“This outrageous maneuver limits the ability of the public and media to follow the exchange,” CPC Co-Chairmen Reps. Raúl Grijalva (D-Ariz.) and Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) said in a statement.
Nevertheless, the budget will almost certainly not pass, and Grijalva acknowledged as much by saying in an interview that he only hopes to get more than the 78 “yes” votes the fiscal 2012 CPC budget received last year.