- Manchin Is Staying in the Senate
- Congressional Hits and Misses: Week of April 13, 2015
- Wham! Bam! Comic Book Ads Target SEC Chairwoman
- Democrat Announces Senate Bid in Pennsylvania
- Context for Facebook Chatter About Presidential Candidates
The Ritz has a hotel at the corner of 22nd and M streets Northwest and another in Georgetown. Both were about 70 percent occupied for the inauguration as of late Tuesday. The Ritz was sold out during Presidents Bill Clinton’s and George W. Bush’s second inaugurations.
For inauguration night at the Ritz in Georgetown, rooms start at $999.Space Available
If one is looking for a last-minute hotel room at a brand name establishment that’s not the Ritz or a piece of history, rooms are available, but still won’t be anywhere within the universe of cheap.
A search of Kayak.com, a hotel price aggregator, found four-night rates of $599 per night (before taxes and fees) at the Hyatt Regency Washington near Capitol Hill. Rates are below 2009 levels, but they still make a friend’s couch the more financially palatable option.