Congressional Black Caucus members are participating in multiple events beyond the Beltway to commemorate Black History Month. Also, the CBC says to look out for members to make floor remarks and statements about notable events in black history.
Here's a list of planned events that we'll add to as we see more: Sunday, Feb. 7
- Rep. Sanford D. Bishop Jr., D-Ga., to attend a church event in Albany, Ga.
- Rep. Danny K. Davis, D-Ill., to attend a town hall in Davis, Ill.
- Rep. Eddie Bernice Johnson, D-Texas, to attend a special service at the Greater Golden Gate Baptist Church in Dallas.
Thursday, Feb. 11
- Rep. Chaka Fattah, D-Pa., to attend the Philadelphia Tribune Black History Awards Luncheon in Philadelphia.
Saturday, Feb. 13
- Fattah to attend unveiling and mural painting activity for the Richard Allen Mural in Philadelphia.
Sunday, Feb. 14
- Rep. Robin Kelly, D-Ill., to be honored by Chief Apostle William McCoy at Brothers Keeper's Outreach Church in Chicago.
Monday, Feb. 15
- Bishop to attend 30th Annual Black History Observance Breakfast in Columbus, Ga., and the 29th Annual Fort Valley State University Scholarship Luncheon in Fort Valley, Ga.
Wednesday, Feb. 17
- Johnson will deliver the keynote speech during the Leadership Southwest hosts “City/County/State Governments Day” in Cedar Hill, Texas.
- Kelly will attend United Steelworkers Union Black History Month Celebration in Chicago.
- Rep. Donald M. Payne Jr., D-N.J., will speak to students at North 13th Street School in Newark.
Thursday, Feb. 18
- Bishop attends the Holmes-Hunter Lecture Series at the University of Georgia.
- Johnson to give keynote speech at the Drug Enforcement Administration's Dallas Field Division “Black History Program.”
- Johnson to give keynote speech at AKA, Kappa Mu Chapter, for the Black History Month Program at Southern Methodist University in Dallas.
- Payne speaks to students at Newark Tech School.
Friday, Feb. 19
- Payne speaks at George Washington School in Hillside.
Sunday, Feb. 21
- Davis to attend a town hall focusing on Black History Month in Davis, Ill.
Monday, Feb. 22
- Johnson to host her annual prayer breakfast in her district.
- Rep. Hank Johnson, D-Ga., to take Freedom Riders into local schools to present a history of the rides around Georgia.
Friday, Feb. 26
- Rep. David Scott, D-Ga., to give keynote remarks for the Lockheed Martin Aeronautical Company’s African American Leadership Forum in Marietta, Ga.
Contact Gangitano at AlexGangitano@cqrollcall.com and follow her on Twitter @AlexGangitano.
See photos, follies, HOH Hits and Misses and more at Roll Call's new video site. Get breaking news alerts and more from Roll Call in your inbox or on your iPhone.